Messi's cousin opens up on how players plotted to take his life as a kid due to his talent

Messi's cousin opens up on how players plotted to take his life as a kid due to his talent

Lionel Messi's cousin Maxi Biancucchi has claimed that Barcelona star was so talented that other players 'wanted to kill him'.

The duo grew up in their native Argentina, and would regularly be involved in matches in their local area.

According to Biancucchi, Messi was exceptional that he came out tops even against bigger and older kids.

"In the neighbourhood he played with us, we were bigger than him, and they told us: 'Crazy, get him out because we are going to kill him.'

"They wanted to hit him, but he put up with it," Biancucchi told Ataque Futbolero via Ole .

"When he was eight or nine, I would get up early on Saturdays to watch him play and he'd do impressive things. I could not believe it."

Messi had also caught the eye of local scouts and joined Newell's Old Boys at the age of six before moving to the Camp Nou at 13.

Biancucchi was also concerned about the risk involved of Messi should desire to retire in the Argentine league.

"Leo has a lot of love for Argentina, people never understand that," Biancucchi added.

"If it were not for insecurity, I have no doubt that he would play in Argentina, that is the only thing that can affect him when it comes to him returning.

"It is my dream to be able to see Leo at Newell's, but I see it as complicated.

It is difficult, imagine that Messi plays a Classico, the kids have to go to school...the city is hell."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...