Atletico Madrid boss Simeone reveals 1 strange thing about Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo playing together

Atletico Madrid boss Simeone reveals 1 strange thing about Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo playing together

Diego Simeone has claimed a dream of playing Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo on the same team would be "impossible" to the manager.

The three superstars are arguably the best the game have produced but Atletico Madrid boss believes the trio can not start a match at the same time.

But the Argentina gaffer claimed that it is play Maradona and Messi together but not adding Ronaldo to his attacking options.

"They are different. One is a goal-scoring machine. I have suffered daily in recent years [at the hands of Messi].

"The other [Maradona] was Argentine football represented in a person.

Today it would seem that Messi, more mature, is beginning to externalise.

They could play together," Simoene told AS Simeone was also asked about the prospect of Ronaldo rounding out the trio and he replied: "Adding Cristiano would be more complicated. We would start to have holes.

"I always say that if one [player] does not run, fine. If two do not run, difficult. If three do not run, impossible."

"Football is like boxing because you have to know when it is time to attack. At Atletico, we know the virtues we have as a team.

"The example is when we played against Liverpool, a tremendous team, we knew that we could hurt him.

When they talk about how we were lucky, I think of a team that lost 2-0 and scored three goals.

"That is not luck. The games must be valued as a whole.

Against Liverpool, we knew that Morata was injured, and that he was going to relapse. We lost 1-0, and the tension went up.

"I thought 'how can I put Morata there, extend, and get injured again; I commit sui*cide; I am going to put up with it until the end.' And it went well: he was injured, but he scored."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...