Man City star makes big statement about Premier League resumption amid COVID-19 fears

Man City star makes big statement about Premier League resumption amid COVID-19 fears

Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling is skeptical about the Premier League resumption amid deadly coronavirus pandemic.

The UK prime minister has announced that sporting activities can resume as from next month and the EPL organisers are already concluding plans on the return of football in the country.

One of the major modalities they are putting in place is the safety of the players as well as a plan to conclude the season smoothly.

However, some players are heavily concerned about their personal safety in spite of the measures the organisers are putting in place for them.

Regardless of the plans to kick off the season again, it did not take away the fact that players are overly concerned for their own safety.

Sterling is one of these players and he took to his Youtube channel to air his concerns but maintained that the show must go on, regardless.

"The moment we do go back it just needs to be a moment where it's not just for footballing reasons, it's safe for not just us footballers but the whole medical staff, referees,' the 25-year-old said.

Sterling, who moved to Manchester City from Liverpool in 2015, was also looking forward to a return of football.

"I don't know how that's going to work, but I feel like once that side of the people's safety and the players' safety is secured and their wellbeing is looked after then that's the right time to go back in.

At the same time I'm looking forward to it and I really want to get back but hopefully, it will all be well when we do get back,' he went on.

Sergio Aguero also recently appeared in an interview where he admitted the main concern for players was the fact that they had to go home to their families after match days.

This made it that much scarier to be back in training. The FA is considering stringent measures to keep a potential in-football pandemic at bay, but the practicality of these measures is yet to manifest itself.

Directives including no spitting, no celebrations and social distancing during corners are all being considered.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...