I dream of driving Messi, Ronaldinho, Maradona to their last home - Leader of viral coffin dancers

I dream of driving Messi, Ronaldinho, Maradona to their last home - Leader of viral coffin dancers

Benjamin Aidoo, one of the famous dancing pallbearers has revealed it would be his honour to bear the remains of Brazilian legend Ronaldinho to his final resting place.

Aidoo, who also doubles up as the proprietor of Nana Otafrija Pallbearing and Waiting Services based in Accra, Ghana, also named Diego Maradona and Lionel Messi among the renowned people he would like to take to their grave.

Speaking during an exclusive interview with Foot Mercato, Aidoo, however, declared it is his desire the footballers have a long life.

"I wish them a long life, of course, but if I had that chance, I dream of driving Ronaldinho to his last home," he said.

"Then Maradona and finally Messi. Ronaldinho is a player who has always impressed me. It would be a tribute from the dancer that I am to the dancer that he was in the field," he added.

A Barcelona and Chelsea ardent fan, Aidoo further named Luis Suarez among the footballers he loathes, reflecting on the Uruguayan's role in Ghana being knocked out of the 2010 World Cup.

At the time, the Barca star was adjudged to have handled the ball in the area only for Asamoah Gyan to miss the resulting penalty from Suarez's infamous handball.

Aidoo further took time to detail his company's services which aims to bring joy into the funeral service by dancing while bearing the remains of the deceased.

Now more than a decade old, the company has gained traction beyond Ghana, with videos captured from their events being transformed into memes.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...