Floyd Mayweather makes final decision about returning to the ring, rubbishes claim he is broke

Floyd Mayweather makes final decision about returning to the ring, rubbishes claim he is broke

Legendary American boxer Floyd Mayweather has stated that he is done with boxing after many suggest that he could be preparing for a return into the ring.

The former heavyweight champion lifted five different weight titles having won all his 50 professional bouts to make him the greatest pound-for-pound boxer of all time in a glittering career.

He fought UFC champ McGregor and is said to have earned $275m from this clash alone, but there are rumours that the 43-year-old is preparing for a return.

Suggestions that Mayweather could come out of retirement to take on Adrian Broner were dismissed by the 'Money Man', who stated that he is not ready to end up like his late uncle Roger.

"These are just rumours. I'm retired. I'm finished with boxing. I stay in shape," Mayweather said in an interview with Fight Hype.

"I am not retired from business. Would I fight with McGregor? People make $370million. I make that in one night. I made over $320m twice. It only took me 36 minutes or 28 minutes, something like that."

"If this guy (Broner) wants to fight Floyd I say 'you guys sell out little arenas and do some little baby moves, not bad, but I'm older and a lot wiser, meaning I don't want to end up like my uncle Rog. A lot of fighters don't know when to give up.

"Even the fight with McGregor it was smart on my behalf and smart on his behalf. I can make more money than any other fighter.

"Even if we did it again it's entertainment and it's business. I'm not boxing - no boxing at all.

"I'm done, I'm retired and i love my life. I enjoy being retired. If I see an opportunity and have a little fun and make $600million - why not. If I was to come back why would I fight a fighter that only sells out little cities."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...