Yekini's daughter makes touching revelation about father's death, names 1 ex-player who keeps in touch with her family

Yekini's daughter makes touching revelation about father's death, names 1 ex-player who keeps in touch with her family

Omoyemi who is the daughter of late Super Eagles striker Rashidi Yekini has described late father as someone of inestimable value who is worthy of emulation.

The 22-year-old graduate of English from the University of Ilorin stated this while speaking with Legit.ng in an exclusive interview stressing that her late dad was a religious person.

On Monday, May 4, Nigerians and in many part of the world paid touching tributes to Rashidi Yekini, eight years after the goal king died.

While speaking exclusively to Legit.ng, Omoyemi stated that she regretted the fact that she never had enough time with her father before he died due to his football commitments.

''I was 14 when I lost my father and it's still painful because he was someone of inestimable value and he was a person worthy of emulation.

''Although I was small when he died, but I will say that the little time I spent with him was considerably okay for me,''. Omoyemi explained.

There have been issues surrounding the death of late Rashidi Yekini in which his lawyer Jibril Mohammed claimed that his client was 'murdered'.

But when asked to speak about her father's shocking demise, Omoyemi stated that she would not want to comment on that.

''I have no open comment on his death, but what I can say is that his name has opened way for me, and it has been great thanks to him and God,''. she explained.

Omoyemi also explained that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) first vice president Seyi Akinwumi has been wonderful to her and mother ever since the year 2016.

She also named Mutiu Adepoju as her father's only former teammate at the Super Eagles who checks on her and her mother on a regular basis.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...