FIFA 'bans' footballers worldwide from doing 1 usual thing on the pitch when football returns

FIFA 'bans' footballers worldwide from doing 1 usual thing on the pitch when football returns

World football governing body are reportedly planning to stop players from spitting on the pitch when soccer returns so as to stop the spread of deadly coronavirus.

This virus has been tormenting the whole world since December 2019 with many deaths recorded while some are in hospitals battling for survival.

Global economy has also been affected by coronavirus as there has not been importation and exportation since the spread of the virus increased.

Coronavirus also made all football activities to be put on hold when top footballers and coaches started contracting the disease.

However, football authorities are preparing to return the game soon with them thinking about the possible ways to curb the virus.

And one their plans is to make sure that any player who spit on the pitch gets booked according to the report on Sportsbible.

"This is a common practice in football and it is not very hygienic.

"So when we start football again I think we should have to avoid that at maximum.

The question is whether that will be possible. Perhaps they can give a yellow card.

"It is unhygienic and a good way to spread the virus.

This is one of the reasons why we have to be very careful before we start again. I am not pessimistic but I am rather skeptical at the moment." the sport's governing body's Medical Committee chairman told the Telegraph.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...