Ex-Chelsea star predicts what would happen to Conte if he coached at Real Madrid

Ex-Chelsea star predicts what would happen to Conte if he coached at Real Madrid

Diego Costa has launched a fresh verbal attack on his former boss at Chelsea Antonio Conte. 

The Atletico Madrid striker claims the Inter Milan boss will be sacked within a season if he coached Real Madrid. 

Though the Spanish striker insists he does not have anything against the Italian boss but claims Conte always feels insecure wherever he is. 

Speaking to ESPN, Costa said: "[Conte and I] had problems off the pitch, but I think he is a really good manager. 

"I have no hard feelings towards Conte, but to be a top, top manager, he needs to change the human side of his management. 

"He is very suspicious. At a team like, say, Real Madrid, he would never last a season." 

The pair clashed during their respective spells at Stamford Bridge after Conte told Costa that he was no more in his plans through a text message. 

According to reports Conte wrote: "Hi Diego, I hope you are well. Thanks for the seasono [sic] we spent together. 

Good luck for the next year but you are not in my plan" And Costa simply replied "Ok," and then flew to Brazil, claiming he had been treated "like a criminal". 

Costa rejoined Atletico in the 2017-18 season while Conte was sacked at the end of that season despite winning the FA Cup.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...