Liverpool manager Klopp contacts father of French star in what could be a world record deal

Liverpool manager Klopp contacts father of French star in what could be a world record deal

Kylian Mbappe's dad has been reportedly reached by Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp in bid to convince Paris Saint-Germain star to Anfield, reports in France claim. 

The France international has been linked with a move to Real Madrid in the summer that could cost a staggering £250million. 

But with the growing reputation of Liverpool in the Premier League and Europe in the past ten months, the 21-year-old striker could consider joining the Anfield giants. 

And according to French news media outlet Le10 Sport, Klopp has contacted Mbappe's father in a bid to persuade him to the Merseyside club. 

But it is understood Mbappe was on the verge of completing a transfer to Madrid shortly before the global pandemic. 

Former teammates of Madrid boss Jerome Rothen claimed a deal to take Mbappe to Spain was close to completion before football came to a halt. 

"I know from club sources that a deal to take Kylian Mbappe to Real Madrid was almost done," Rothen told Radio Montecarlo , via Goal.com. 

"But with what has been happening, I'm sure that Mbappe's arrival at Real Madrid will be postponed. 

"There is no way that Mbappe will extend his contract with PSG. 

"They will have an agreement between them in place because PSG agreed to let him go this summer. In my opinion, it's just a question of time."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...