World's shortest footballer lands in big trouble after doing 1 thing with Saudi Arabian females

World's shortest footballer lands in big trouble after doing 1 thing with Saudi Arabian females

Elton who has been regarded as the shortest footballer in the world almost got himself in trouble after posing with female fans in Saudi Arabla, SunSport reports. 

The teenager who was nicknamed after Argentina legend Maradona played in Brazilian top side Corinthians where he was team-mates with former Manchester City pair Carlos Tevez and Jo. 

Although he is brief in height, Elton made up his stature with his natural talent as he broke into the club's first team to earn himself a title winner's medal in 2005. 

With about five inches shorter than Diego Maradona, he earned the nickname "Elton Maradinha" after the Argentine star - with credit to his dribbling skills and long curly dark hair like that of the legend, during his playing days. 

He told UOL Esporte: "I was happy with that nickname, I was not pressured in any way." 

Elton had stints with Romanian side Steaua Bucharest, Saudi Arabian clubs of Al-Nassr before moving to Al-Fateh in the same country where he gained a heroic status. 

Elton claimed was nearly arrested for taking pictures with female fans in Saudi Arabia. 

"I was taking a picture with the women," he explained. 

"They were dressed in those black clothes all covered, and the security guard came to arrest me.

"They took me to the police car and I had to call the club Sheikh. 

"It was a moment that scared me a lot, but then I got used to the country's culture."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...