Manchester City complete signing of top rated star amid coronavirus pandemic

Manchester City complete signing of top rated star amid coronavirus pandemic

Premier League defending champions Manchester City have reportedly sealed a deal for Peruvian youngster Kluiverth Aguilar.

The 16-year-old will, however, stay put at his current club Alianza Lima in his home country until he clocks 18 years on May 5, 2021.

SunSport reports that City outfit paid about £1.5 million to secure the services of the young defender who will be having a taste of European football for the first time once he moved.

The Citizens are damning the financial consequences coronavirus pandemic might cost them if the season is voided to make this audacious move.

Meanwhile, Aguilar told Alianza Lima's official website after sealing the deal: "Going to City is something big in my career. I'm happy they have signed me.

"It is a club with players, a coach and fans that are all extraordinary. My goal is to become an outstanding player in the first team.

"I am glad that the possibility of moving to Europe presented itself to me while I am an Alianza player."

According to SunSport, the deal might be a record transfer for the Peruvian club since they began selling players abroad.

However, they are no aliens to deals with big European clubs having previously offloaded former Chelsea striker Claudio Pizarro to Werder Bremen back in 1999.

In 2004 Peruvian speedster Jefferson Farfan left the club to join Dutch giants PSV and most recently starred for Lokomotiv Moscow in Russia.

Reports from the club claim they are still willing to spend big when the transfer window opens to re-jig their club for the future.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...