Man United star shows class, donates clinical materials worth £10K for coronavirus fight in DR Congo

Man United star shows class, donates clinical materials worth £10K for coronavirus fight in DR Congo

Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Man United defender, packaged 20,000 clinical PPE gloves into boxes and shipped them out to doctors in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

The 22-year-old's father is from the West African nation as he spent around £10,000 to buy clinical equipment to help the fight of the global pandemic.

Wan-Bissaka was also part of the #PlayersTogether initiative that have donated money to the NHS Charities in England.

"I'm fortunate. There are those who aren't able to protect themselves as well or have access to certain things during this crisis.

"It's been great to give back. I know it's not easy out there for them so it's only right for me to help," the Man United told The Sun.

The concept of sending materials back home came from his father's friend named Ambrose who is a medical doctor.

Wan-Bissaka yielded to Ambrose's plea and spent the entire weekend packing 20,000 clinical PPE gloves into boxes that were shipped to the Congolese capital, Kinshasa

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...