Manchester United go head-to-head with Liverpool for £70m rated attacking midfielder

Manchester United go head-to-head with Liverpool for £70m rated attacking midfielder

Manchester United and Liverpool are reportedly interested in the signing of Bayer Leverkusen youngster Kai Havertz, as the 20-year-old is said to be ready to move abroad, SunSport reports.

The attacking midfielder is set for a staggering summer move after his impressive season; with reports that Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich as well as La Liga side Real Madrid are also eyeing the star.

Havertz who has netted six goals, scoring five in his 22 appearances for Leverkusen this season is said to be valued around £70million.

It is believed that as soon as the transfer window opens, Manchester United and Liverpool will tender their respective bids quickly, in the hope to bring the youngster to England.

"I'm ready to take a big step, and I like challenges. For me, this also includes abroad," Havertz told Bild.

"Leverkusen are a great club, I feel good. I have always said that. But of course I want to take the next step in my career at some point.

That's my ambition." Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is reportedly planning to offload up to five players when the summer transfer window opens.

The manager has already spent £150m on three major signings including Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Bruno Fernandes who arrived in January.

Since replacing Jose Mourinho in December 2018, there is a growing air of optimism among fans that the club is headed in the right direction.

With the Red Devils chiefs understood go be keen to financially support Solskjaer, the Norwegian could be forced to sell current squad members to create space for new arrivals.

The players include Phil Jones, Jesse Lingard, Andreas Pereira, Chris Smalling and Alexis Sanchez.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...