Chelsea ace Reece James names toughest opponent he's faced

Chelsea starlet Reece James singled out Raheem Sterling as the toughest opponent he's faced in his young career thus far.

James has enjoyed a breakthrough season under Frank Lampard at Stamford Bridge, starting 11 times in the Premier League having enjoyed a successful loan spell at Wigan in the previous campaign.

He has been tipped to become one of the Premier League's top right-backs and has demonstrated his threat going forwards by scoring twice and providing two assists for the Blues in all competitions.

In his relatively short career, it's been Manchester City winger Sterling who has given him the toughest time.

Read the latest updates: Coronavirus news live

Former Liverpool attacker Sterling has scored 19 goals in all competitions this season and is one of the most feared forwards in world football.

And James named the England international as the toughest opponent he's faced.

'Probably Sterling I would have to say, he's got mad pace and is so sharp off the ball,' the Chelsea defender said.

James has been earning praise himself this week, with Manchester United wide man Daniel James naming him as one of the toughest opponents he's faced.

Manchester United's James also singled out his Chelsea namesake for praise after coming up against the right-back last season when he was at Swansea City while Reece James was on loan at Wigan Athletic.

'For me it's obviously got to be Aaron [Wan-Bissaka]. I don't think we've seen many players get past him,' Daniel James replied when asked to name the 'hardest' defender he's ever faced during a Combat Corona Twitch FIFA competition on Monday.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...