EPL: Marco Reus advises Sancho against leaving Dortmund

EPL: Marco Reus advises Sancho against leaving Dortmund

Borussia Dortmund captain, Marco Reus, has advised his teammate, Jadon Sancho, against leaving the club amid interest from Manchester United.

We recall that Sancho had drawn the interest of Man United in the past few days.

Man United are willing to offer the England youngster the no.7 shirt in a bid to lure him to join the Old Trafford club this summer.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side is believed to be leading the race to sign Sancho from Dortmund for a club-record fee.

But Reus believes Sancho should reject a big-money move this summer and continue developing his game with Dortmund instead.

"Jadon is an outstanding player and will definitely remain in demand by many clubs. That is a fact," Reus told Sport Bild.

"He is now playing at an even higher level than last year and would be extremely valuable in achieving our goals.

"I would advise him to stay at BVB for another year, maybe two. From my point of view, there is no better place for him at the moment.

"Afterwards, he can take the really big step as an even more complete player, having developed further in peace here as a regular starter.

"I feel Jadon will be for the biggest clubs if he spends one, two, or three years more here to develop further because it is not always easy for a 20-year-old."

Sancho had scored 17 goals and registered 19 assists in 35 appearances in all competitions for Dortmund so far this campaign before the Bundesliga season was suspended due to the spread of Coronavirus across the world.

Meanwhile, Manchester United striker, Marcus Rashford, has since welcomed Sancho, to the Red Devils.

"It would be good if Jadon Sancho joined Man United," Rashford said.

"Sancho is a great player. He is like the new generation player, and hopefully, we can all play together."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...