Former England star recalls what happened when he bumped into Ronaldo drinking beer in Ibiza

Former England star recalls what happened when he bumped into Ronaldo drinking beer in Ibiza

Peter Crouch is one of the most recognizable players in world football due to his lanky nature, The Sun. 

But the former England international opened up on what happened when he came across Brazilian legend Ronaldo De Lima when they met in Ibiza. 

The ex-Liverpool legend was on holiday in, Spain, when he saw the Real Madrid legend drinking beer alongside a supermodel. 

Crouch seized the opportunity to take a selfie with the owner of La Liga side Real Valladolid and was shocked that Ronaldo did not recognize him. 

Writing in his Daily Mail column, the former Stoke City striker said: "I met him once, actually. I was on holiday in Ibiza and I saw him on the beach. 

"He was busy getting through bottles of beer and had an ashtray balanced on his stomach.

"Every time he finished his drink, the supermodel who was with him brought him another. 

"The chance to have a picture with him was too good to turn down, so I went over. 

"I hoped he was going to say, 'Oh, you're Crouch!' but he didn't have a clue who I was. 

"The picture was taken and off I went with him oblivious to the fact I was a footballer." 

Despite his disappointment, Crouch claimed he would love the former Inter Milan man to be his dream team-mate. 

When asked who he would most like to play alongside, he said: "That is so difficult. 

"Dennis Bergkamp was special and it would have been incredible to play alongside him, but my overwhelming choice would be the original Ronaldo. 

"I'm not sure our styles would have matched each other, but 90 minutes with him would have made my life."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...