Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says he has recovered from coronavirus

Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta has said that he has recovered from coronavirus.

The 37-year-old manager became the first football coach in the World to test positive for the disease on 12 March. Arteta had reported he wasn't feeling too well after news surfaced that Evangelos Marinakis, the owner of Greek side Olympiakos, who played Arsenal in the Europa League in February had coronavirus on 10 March.

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says he has recovered from coronavirus

Speaking to Spanish television channel La Sexta, he said: 'I'm very well now, I feel that I have recovered.'

'It took me three or four days to start feeling much better and with more energy, to leave the symptoms behind and now, the truth is that I feel very well.'

'Everything happened very fast,' he added. 'On Tuesday afternoon I was feeling so-so and I went to see the doctor but he wasn't there.

'I got a call from the board of directors after training while I was in my car and they told me that the president of Olympiakos had tested positive and everyone that had been in contact was at risk.

'I went on to tell them that I wasn't feeling well and that we had a situation because we had lots of players that had been in contact with them [Olympiakos].

'We had a game against Manchester City the next day and obviously, we couldn't put lots of people at risk without saying anything.

'I had the test done last Wednesday and I was diagnosed on Friday, when we had to communicate it to the Premier League that I had tested positive.

'Obviously, all those that had been in contact with me had to go into quarantine, and consequently, games had to be suspended.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...