Rio Ferdinand makes Liverpool v Atletico Madrid prediction ahead of Champions League clash

Rio Ferdinand makes Liverpool v Atletico Madrid prediction ahead of Champions League clash

Rio Ferdinand has backed Liverpool to complete another Champions Leaguecomeback at Anfield and knock Atletico Madrid out of the competition.

Jurgen Klopp's side staged a stunning comeback against Barcelona on their way to winning the Champions League last season.

The Reds smashed Barca 4-0 at Anfield last May to progress to their second successive final, and will be looking to produce more magic on Merseyside on Wednesday as they play host to Atletico.

Diego Simeone's side won the first leg 1-0 but Manchester United legend Ferdinand believes Liverpool can recover to keep their Champions League hopes alive.

He told BT Sport: 'I can't wait. It will be a great atmosphere.

'The experience of last season [beating Barcelona] and the atmosphere that Anfield creates, you can't bet against Liverpool.

'They're team that know how to win. They can win ugly, they can pull it back and drag a result back.

'They have the experience last season of coming back from a position where everybody thought they were out. I think they have a huge, huge chance.'

Former Premier League star Peter Crouch added: 'I'll be honest, I fancy Liverpool.

'If anyone can stop Liverpool it would be Atletico but I just think at Anfield, the atmosphere will be electric and Liverpool will go through.'

Speaking ahead of the crunch Champions League fixture, Reds boss Klopp said: 'Not a lot of the Atletico players have played at Anfield before and that is what we want to use.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...