Anthony Joshua warned over fighting Fury after Wilder's defeat

Anthony Joshua warned over fighting Fury after Wilder's defeat

Former WBC and WBO middleweight champion, Kelly Pavlik, has warned British fighter, Anthony Joshua, that he would be an 'easier fight' for his fellow countryman, Tyson Fury to knock out than American boxer, Deontay Wilder.

We reported that Joshua asked boxing promoter, Eddie Hearn, to come to terms with Fury over a unification fight after 31-year-old defeated American boxer, Deontay Wilder.

Fury defeated Wilder in the 7th round at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, USA, to regain the WBC world heavyweight title some days ago.

But Pavlik believes Joshua would be a lesser threat to Fury if both heavyweight champions were to face-off.

"I think Tyson Fury is absolutely the best heavyweight ahead of Joshua out there right now," Pavlik was quoted by Metro UK as saying.

"We want to see Fury fighting Joshua now.

"He is so big and fights so well for being a big guy, you know, 6'9 ″ is big, and I think his boxing ability and boxing IQ helps him win that fight against Wilder.

"I think Fury fighting Joshua will be an easier fight than it was against Wilder."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...