Brazilian Ronaldo shuns himself, names all-time great between Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo

Brazilian Ronaldo shuns himself, names all-time great between Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo

Ronaldo de Lima might have settled the debate on the all-time great after naming Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi as the number one best player he always enjoys watching.

The Brazilian football icon had an enviable career and he is often considered one of the best players who brought class and blended physicality with technique in modern football.

When asked about five players he enjoyed watching, the Inter and Real Madrid legend shunned his namesake Cristiano Ronaldo when settling for Messi as the number one on the list.

''Messi, of course, he is number one, it is a talent that we will take 20 or 30 years to see something similar," R9 said.

Apart from Messi, the Selecao legend also mentioned his countryman Neymar, French sensation Kylian Mbappe.

Capping his five-man best list is Real Madrid and Belgium forward Eden Hazard and Liverpool star Mohammed Salah.

"I also like Salah, Hazard, Neymar, that I love watching him play, of course, Mbappe," he added.

The 42-year-old also dabbled into the long comparison between him and the Portuguese star, saying the comparison is unnecessary since they are from different generations.

The Brazilain, however, admitted they both shared some similarities before submitting that the Juve star is a complete player who can swing both feet at convenience.

"It says a lot of people who look like me, it has a lot of speed, it finishes well, it has great movements, it hits excellent with both legs, it has an incredible stride.

"We have similar things, but I never liked comparisons, especially between players of different generations, because the situations are different,'' Ronaldo further posited.

Ronaldo won two Ballon d'Or awards before drawing down the curtain on his glittering career spanning over a decade across top European powerhouses in Spain and Italy.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...