Man United supporters 'blast' club over Odion Ighalo's signing for 1 major reason

Man United supporters 'blast' club over Odion Ighalo's signing for 1 major reason

Manchester United have come under serious scrutiny by the club's supporters over their delay to unveil their new signing Odion Ighalo.

The Nigerian football star joined the Red Devils on a six months loan deal from Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua.

His arrival is expected to serve as back up for injured Marcus Rashford who is not expected back until later this campaign.

The Old Trafford side is yet to present the retired Super Eagles forward to the fans since Friday, January 31st that his deal was confirmed.

But the club is already making plans to start selling the forward's shirt after revealing his jersey number ahead of his debut this month.

The former Watford striker will wear jersey number 25 recently which was last worn by Antonio Valencia during his short reign at the Manchester club.

According to SunSport, United fans are demanding the club to present images of the new signing wearing the jersey.

One of the fans said: "WE WANT IGHALO PICS ADMINNNN". Another demanded: "GIVE US SOMW PICTURES". The third person posted: "Announce Ighalo pics."

One exasperated fan pleaded: "Admin should give us video and pictures of him. You guys should stop being biased. Nonsense".

Meanwhile, some quarters have slammed the Premier League club for signing the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations' highest goals scorer.

The 30-year-old joined Changchun Yatai in 2017 after parting ways with the Hornets and his return to European league might need some time to adapt.

The former Super Eagles said after sealing the Man United move said: "It's been crazy.

I'm obviously happy to be in Manchester. This is a great opportunity for me.

"It's a dream come true because since I was a kid I've followed and dreamt about Manchester United a lot.

Ighalo has been out of action since the Chinese Super League expired in December and he will need some time before making his debut.

He netted 46 goals in the last three years in China while winning the Chinese FA Cup title with his present last year. L

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...