Juventus plotting surprise £150m move for Liverpool star and it is not Mane or Salah

Juventus plotting surprise £150m move for Liverpool star and it is not Mane or Salah

Italian League giants Juventus are reportedly plotting a surprise transfer move for Liverpool top star Virgil van Dijk in the summer.

The Dutchman has been influential for the Reds since he joined them from Southampton in a deal around £75 million.

So far this season, the 28-year-old has scored four goals in the Premier League while helping the Anfield team fly high on the table.

Their victory over the Saints earlier this weekend helped them stretch their leadership to 22 points after 25 matches.

He was part of their Champions League success last campaign and also helped them win the UEFA Super Cup and lastly the FIFA Club World Cup.

However, despite signing Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax €85.5m last summer, the Turin based want Van Dijk added to their quality as they are still searching for an European glory since 1996.

They also acquired the services of Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid after ending his nine-year reign at the Santiago Bernabeu.

A source from the Turin-based club revealed that Juve are hoping to hand the 28-year-old a new challenge after winning trophies with the Premier League club barely two seasons at the club.

"After winning a bagful of trophies with Liverpool, Juventus think he may be ready for a new challenge at the end of the season - especially as he's been playing in the UK for a few years.

"And the club are actively planning to make a huge bid for him in the summer."

The defender rose to prominence shortly after joining the Reds as he won UEFA's best player last year.

He beat Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi to the prestigious prize but failed to lost Ballon d'Or and FIFA The Best awards to the Argentine star.

SunSport reports that the Dutchman said: "I'm 28 now and I want to fulfill every dream I ever had. Life can be short. Your career can be short as well.

"I'm enjoying playing with this team and this manager. We can't look too far ahead. But right now, I'm enjoying it."

Reports claim Juve are preparing to offer more than Barcelona ( £142m) paid for Philippe Coutinho two years ago.

Harry Maguire became the most expensive defender in the world after joining Manchester United from Leicester City in a deal worth £85 million last year - beating Van Dijk's fee of £75m

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...