EPL: My players deserve this happiness - Mourinho reacts to Tottenham's 2-0 victory over Man City

EPL: My players deserve this happiness - Mourinho reacts to Tottenham's 2-0 victory over Man City

Tottenham Hotspur boss, Jose Mourinho has said his players deserve special kind of happiness following their 2-0 win over Manchester City in the Premier League on Sunday.

Tottenham defeated Guardiola's men at home, thanks to two goals from Steven Bergwijn and Son Heung-min.

"Fantastic week to work with the boys and so happy to see their happiness and the fans from a season that was not an easy one," Mourinho was quoted by Football London as saying at his post-match.

"They deserve this special kind of happiness against a top team like City."

"I felt early in November that the title goes to Liverpool. It is hard to win three in a row, but they are still a fantastic team with a fantastic manager," he added.

"The way the table is, you get two wins, and you go straight up the table.
"We look up, but we also look down.

"If we lose Dele Alli, I cannot imagine. I know the players were fantastic, ready to give everything as they did. FA Cup in two days, let's see.

"If the ball doesn't go out, it doesn't go out, and then you make the decisions. But the right decisions, not the wrong ones. The more time it takes, the more time to get it right. Should have been a red card."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...