Carabao Cup: Pogba playing with pain - Solskjaer

Carabao Cup: Pogba playing with pain - Solskjaer

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says midfielder, Paul Pogba has been playing with pain for the club.

Solskjaer said this ahead of Man United's Carabao Cup semi-final second leg tie against Manchester City on Wednesday night.

Pogba, who is recovering from a long-term injury, will soon be able to train on grass again after he had the cast taken off his right ankle after surgery.

"Paul's had a terrible season with injuries and he's desperate to play football," Solskjaer was quoted by Man United's official website as saying at the Aon Training Complex.

"If there's one thing that I know about Paul, he loves playing football and he loves just being out there training as well, and it's been playing on his mind.

"Any player who is injured cannot wait to get back on the pitch, you feel so free. He's been playing with pain, so I'm sure when he's pain-free and he's injury-free, he'll enjoy his football."

"I see a boy that is fed up of being injured and desperate to play football, yeah, and Paul has always been a top professional," the Norwegian added.

"I don't have any doubts that when he comes back he's going to enjoy himself."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...