I Want To Be Like Ronaldo - Mbappe Speaks Out

I Want To Be Like Ronaldo - Mbappe Speaks Out

Paris Saint Germain forward, Kylian Mbappe, has expressed a desire to follow in the footsteps of Juventus superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo.

The France World Cup winner said this ahead of PSG's Coupe de la Ligue clash with Reims on Wednesday night.

Asked about his idols, Mbappe told Gazzetta dello Sport: "If you're French, obviously you would have grown up with (Zinedine) Zidane as your idol.

"After that, it was Cristiano Ronaldo, who I have been fortunate enough to have faced as a rival, at club level and with the national team.

"I also love Brazilian players like Pelé, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo Nazario and Ricardo Kaka.

"And to the young players who look up to me, I'd like to send them a message from someone who believed in their dream, always giving the best they had to give, trying to push their own limits to be able to make a mark in the sport.

"It's too late for me to carve out a career like Messi's, I would have had to stay at Monaco.

"Without taking anything away from Messi, now I have to draw on Cristiano's career for inspiration."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...