Why Ronaldo will not swap shirts with Juventus opponents this weekend

Why Ronaldo will not swap shirts with Juventus opponents this weekend

Cristaino Ronaldo might not be exchanging his shirt with a Roma player this weekend when they square off with Juventus.

The 34-year-old has had a long-standing feud with the Giallorossi since his playing days with Premier League side Manchester United.

Recall when United faced the Serie A side in the 2007 Champions League quarter-finals when the English side humiliated the Italian club by 7-1 at Old Trafford and qualified on an 8-3 aggregate.

"When it was 6-0, they asked me to stop, an opponent begged me to stop dribbling," Ronaldo claimed in December 2018.

"Others threatened to hurt me.

"Roma? There is no player with whom I would exchange a shirt."

Now the Portuguese striker would renew his rivalry when Juve travel to Stadio Olympico to take on Roma on Sunday, January 12.

The Bianconeri are currently at logger-heads with Antonio Conte's Inter Milan on top of the table this season.

Maurizio Sarri's side will not be having an easy run in the Serie A in a quest to retain the title for the ninth consecutive with Inter breathing down their neck on the league standings.

But Ronaldo has hit top form this season scoring goals for the Allianz outfit with 13 goals in 15 appearances this season.

However, the former Real Madrid man is third on the scorers' chart behind Romelu Lukaku who has 14 goals and Lazio's Ciro Immobile who has notched up 19 strikes so far.

Ronaldo finished last season as top scorer in his debut season with only 21 goals from 31 matches which far behind his overall tally with Real Madrid in almost a decade.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...