Chelsea legend opens up on how he almost killed club owner Roman Abramovich

Chelsea legend opens up on how he almost killed club owner Roman Abramovich

Pat Nevin, former Chelsea star, has swayed the pendulum back on his career, with the Scot revealing he almost killed club owner Roman Abramovich in a near miss experience.

Nevin said he was driving in his car around the island when he almost knocked down the Russian business mogul - an experience he described as "nearly killing."

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland, the former star recalled the incident saying he 'just missed' colliding with Abramovich, Daily star reports.

"About three years ago I was on holiday in Arran and I was driving up the north side of Arran. Every time you go on holiday there you drive round the whole island," Nevin said.

"I came round a corner at the top just before Lochranza and I nearly hit a guy on a bike. I just got out the way at the last moment, I could have killed the guy. It was Roman Abramovich.

"What a story that would have been if I had killed Roman Abramovich. I just missed him. His yacht was off the coast and he was cycling round. He doesn't know to this day that it was me," the 56-year-old said.

Nevin was also full of admiration for the Russian billionaire, describing his as 'phenomenally shy.'

"I have met him quite a few times. He is phenomenally shy, he is an incredibly shy person,'' the former Chelsea star said.

"I was down DJing in London about two years ago. I was sitting in a sports place at the back of Stamford Bridge and he caught my eye.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...