Man City boss Guardiola reveals his next club when he leaves Etihad

Man City boss Guardiola reveals his next club when he leaves Etihad

Pep Guardiola has conceded the fact that he will return to his homeland Barcelona to coach again with two years left on Manchester City deal.

The 48-year-old began his coaching career at the Camp Nou where he won six trophies in his first season in charge of the senior side.

He later went onto to manage Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich before joining Premier League top shots Man City.

The former Spanish midfielder has admitted that he is not interested in becoming the club president rather he would prefer managing from the dug out.

Guardiola, 48, said: "I will return to Barcelona sooner or later. But as president, forget about it.

"To be president, you have to know [what you're doing] and be prepared - to have knowledge that I don't have.

"I'm trying to be a good coach - that hasn't gone too badly in this decade. I will return to Barcelona to live, sooner or later."

The former Roma star has been tipped to take another sabbatical when he contract at the Etihad expires in the summer of 2021.

Meanwhile, former Spain international David Silva has told Guardiola that this will be his final season with the Citizens.

"This season will be my last one - ten years is enough.

"Initially they were talking about two more years but I decided to sign another one so I finished at ten years.

"It is the perfect time for me. It completes the cycle. It's a nice round figure," the 33-year-old admitted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...