Super Eagles top star set to battle Mbappe, others for prestigious prize this season

Super Eagles top star set to battle Mbappe, others for prestigious prize this season

Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen wants to end his first season in the French League as the highest goals' scorer.

The Nigeria international has scored ten goals and three assists in 18 Ligue 1 appearances so far this campaign.

He also has two UEFA Champions League goals in five appearances for Lille since he joined them in a £10.2 million deal last summer.

The 21-year-old currently sits third on the scorer's chart after Wissam Ben Yedder with 13 goals and Kylian Mbappe (11) after the same number of games.

He was however quoted by Football Live saying competition for the Golden Boot at the end of the season is one of his goals.

"So, I want to get as many goals I can get for my team and qualify for the Champions League."

"I want to keep scoring goals, maybe I can be the highest goalscorer, maybe not, but I would love to become the highest goalscorer and to keep giving my best for my club.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...