Transfer: Victor Osimhen reveals why he snubbed Arsenal, Barcelona

Transfer: Victor Osimhen reveals why he snubbed Arsenal, Barcelona

Lille striker, Victor Osimhen, has revealed why he rejected moves to big European clubs like Barcelona and Arsenal after he won the FIFA Under-17 World Cup with Nigeria.

In an interview with Nigeria Info FM, Osimhen explained that he preferred to begin his career with Bundesliga team Wolfsburg.

Although his spell at Wolfsburg did not go as planned, the Super Eagles frontman says they were the only team that promised him first-team football.

I spoke with Arsene Wenger on the phone and he told me how he wanted me to play.

"After the tournament, Arsenal wanted to sign me, they were desperate to have me. The first team wasn't promised at the time even when I complete 18.

"I sat down with my family, mostly my elder brother. We had the likes of so many European teams that you can think of - Barcelona, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Ajax, Anderlecht, Wolfsburg was there also; Spartak Moscow in Russia.

"I spoke to my brother and he gave me some candid advice and he said I think you should pick Wolfsburg because the coach wanted you so much than the rest.

"Sometimes, what you imagine is not what you get. So it didn't work out well and I was really sad it couldn't work out well because I really had a point to prove but sometimes life is like this so you have to accept it," Osimhen said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...