Anthony Joshua spits fire as he finally agrees to get stripped of belt

Anthony Joshua spits fire as he finally agrees to get stripped of belt

Anthony Joshua has been left furious after coming to terms with reality that he could be stripped off his heavyweight belts.

The British heavyweight fighter reclaimed the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO world titles following unanimous point victory over Andy Ruiz Jr.

But the IBF and IBO belts could taken away from the 30-year-old if he refuses to fight mandatory challengers in his next fight.

And AJ might have to unwillingly give up the belt if he does not challenge IBF contender Kubrat Pulev and IBO mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk.

However the Nigerian-born British heavyweight has insisted he will win back any belts he is forced to vacate.

"I would hate it because it's so hard to go round and collect all these belts, it's really difficult and I've kept hold of them for so many years.

"So to have to vacate because of the boxing politics would be annoying, but there's things that are out of my control.

"If I do lose one, I know I'll be able to get it back," AJ told Sky Sports.

Boxing fans will be desperate to see Joshua fight the winner Tyson Fury's rematch with Deontay Wilder on February 22, 2020.

Speaking about the future AJ added: "Time moves so fast, it's easy to forget things.

"So we just look forward into the new year and more challenges, more competition and hopefully more memorable years to come"

"It's 2020 vision. Whoever's on the cards will get taken down. I just keep myself focused and whoever wants it can get it."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...