EPL: Thierry Henry blasts Arsenal players for failing to beat Bournemouth in Arteta's first game

EPL: Thierry Henry blasts Arsenal players for failing to beat Bournemouth in Arteta's first game

Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry, has criticised the club's players for failing to beat Bournemouth in Mikel Arteta's first match as Gunners manager on Thursday in the Premier League.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang equalised in the second-half for Arsenal after Dan Gosling had opened scoring for Bournemouth as the encounter ended 1-1.

However, Henry believes that he saw little sign of progress from Arsenal players, adding that they did not play well against Bournemouth.

"In all fairness it's very difficult to judge someone after one game and only a few days of training," Henry told Amazon.

"What I've seen today is what I've seen for a long time with Arsenal. I don't think they played well but Aubameyang scored. I've seen that so many times.

"We go back to the [Bournemouth] goal. I don't want to name names but we're talking about the same guys again and again.

"Lacazette should have won it with a good chance but it's difficult to judge that team right now. They are trying to learn under a new manager so we will see.

"But what I've seen today is what I've seen for a long time... not that great and Aubameyang scored."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...