EPL: What Mourinho said after Tottenham's 2-1 win over Brighton

EPL: What Mourinho said after Tottenham's 2-1 win over Brighton

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho has expressed happiness with the way his team played in the second half against Brighton during their Premier League 2-1 victory on Thursday.

The Portuguese also singled out midfielder, Dele Alli for special praise after his impressive display against Brighton.

A second-half goals from Dele Alli and Harry Kane gave Mourinho's men all three points against Brighton at home.

"I am very happy with the second half. We changed our width - it's not about the players but little things that can make a difference," Mourinho told Amazon Prime after the game.

"The first half was not a disaster. It was not a bad performance - it was a difficult game against a good team and after a defeat, it's never easy.

"Then when you don't start well it always affects self-esteem."

Mourinho added: "Another goal and another incredible effort and performance from Alli from first minute to last.

"His work rate was absolutely incredible so for me these little big details are more important than what people initially see. Amazing goal, I go to two other small details.

"His attitude, his fighting spirit for the team was awesome."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...