Mayweather reveals how he makes his monies after being named Forbes' highest paid athlete of decade (See details, photos)

Mayweather reveals how he makes his monies after being named Forbes' highest paid athlete of decade (See details, photos)

Floyd Mayweather has issued a lovely reaction to being named Forbes' highest-paid athlete of the decade, with the boxing legend attributing hardworking and consistence to the landmark.

"The Moneyman'' was adjudged to have raked in the biggest shares of spoils in sports from 2010 to 2019 by the lifestyle magazine following his mega fights with Manny Pacquiao and Irish UFC star Conor MacGregor.

With a staggering figure worth of $915 million, Mayweather beat Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and top stars from golf, tennis and Formula 1 to clinch the top spot on the list.

The Juve star came second with a whopping $800 while the Argentine forward occupied third spot on the log with $750 million -- both benefiting from huge endorsement deals.

Reacting to the significant landmark, the American boxing star said the feat was possible because of the vision to be his own boss.

Mayweather, who saluted other sports stars who joined him on the list, said he "did these numbers really in 5 years due to a couple of layoffs and with no endorsements."

"First I want to congratulate every other athlete on this list and second I am honored to have accomplished such record breaking numbers," the 40-year-old said.

"No disrespect to anyone but I did these numbers really in 5 years due to a couple of layoffs and with NO endorsements.

"I never wanted an endorsement deal from anyone because my vision was always to be my own boss and have no obligations to anyone," the boxing star said.

The Moneyman also attributed the feat to self-worth, dedication and hardworking, issueing a stern warning to his critics.

"You can say what you want about Floyd Mayweather but the numbers and accolades don't lie.

"This is truly about hard work and dedication and knowing your worth," Mayweather further submitted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...