EPL: Paul Merson blasts Frank Lampard, reveals what Mourinho will do to Chelsea boss

EPL: Paul Merson blasts Frank Lampard, reveals what Mourinho will do to Chelsea boss

Former Premier League star, Paul Merson, has lambasted Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, saying that Tottenham manager, Jose Mourinho will teach the Englishman a lesson when both men meet on Sunday.

Merson said that it would be a defeat for Chelsea against Tottenham on Sunday which would serve as a hammer blow to the Blues' top-four aspirations.

Lampard, who was a player under Mourinho for many seasons, started the campaign well as a manager at Stamford Bridge but recent defeats against Everton and Bournemouth have heaped pressure on his shoulders.

As such, Merson believes a showdown with Jose Mourinho comes at the worst possible time for the former England midfielder.

"Facing Jose Mourinho is an absolute nightmare for Frank Lampard right now," Merson said in his column for the Daily Star

"A few weeks ago, Chelsea were flying and looked young and vibrant. But experience is priceless, and Frank has shown he lacks it recently."

"Bournamouth was a bad day at the office. An experienced manager would have realised that and made sure they didn't lose.

"But what does he do? He goes gung-ho, puts two up-front, and they lose the game. Brave or naïve? Naïve for me."

"If Chelsea lose to Tottenham, they will probably be out of the top four, and I really can't see them getting back in it that easily if that happens.

"That's why I think this game is a nightmare for Frank because he will be compared with Mourinho, who has all the experience in the world.

"Mourinho is one of the best managers of all time in my opinion. He has nothing to prove. But he will love it if he can beat Chelsea. And if he does, it will just show that experience is priceless."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...