EPL: Klopp names best manager in the world

EPL: Klopp names best manager in the world

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has named his Manchester City counterpart, Pep Guardiola, as the best manager in the world.

The two coaches have been challenging each other at the top of the leagues in both England and Germany, since Guardiola took the Bayern Munich job in 2013.

While in charge of Dortmund and now Liverpool, Klopp has never won a league title during that spell.

However, the Reds currently sit 10 points clear at the top of the Premier League, 14 ahead of City, meaning Klopp is well set to finally triumph over Guardiola.

"I'm lucky that I can say that my teams were at least close to his teams because I've said a lot of times, I think he is the best manager in the world.

"What he is doing with his team is incredible. The way they play, I really like to watch.

"Pep and I, we are different, so our teams mirror our character. He is much finer than I am as a person so he is the gentleman and I look how I look on the touchline. Probably a bit more intense maybe.

"There's no rivalry left or right of football. We respect each other lots but on the pitch we want to beat them, that's normal.

"At the end of the season in most of the seasons he has still won the league. In Germany always, and in England so far as well. That's how it is but I can easily live with that because I have no problem with being second even when I want to be first," Klopp said according to Sky Sports.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...