EPL: What Arsenal coach, Arteta said about Mesut Ozil

EPL: What Arsenal coach, Arteta said about Mesut Ozil

New Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta has described playmaker, Mesut Ozil as a "massive player" for the club.

According to Arteta, he will do everything possible to bring the best out from the ex-Germany international, who was recently linked with a move away from the club.

The 37-year-old stated this during his official unveiling on Friday.

Wehad earlier reported that Arsenal on Friday confirmed Mikel Arteta as their new manager.

Arteta signed a three-and-a-half-year contract, to replace Unai Emery.

"Mesut Ozil is a massive player for this football club," Arteta was quoted by Arsenal's official website as saying.

"I work with him and I know when he clicks, what he can bring to the team. It's my job to get the best out of him, of course."

Arteta added: "As I said before, what I want is to understand how they are feeling and what they need. It's not so much about what I need.

"You have to understand them. Sometimes with conversation, you get to understand a point. 

When you understand them, I can take the excuses out of them and focus on the things that are relevant and have an impact on the team on and off the pitch. Of course he's a massive player."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...