EPL: Berbatov sends powerful message to Pogba over his future with Man United

EPL: Berbatov sends powerful message to Pogba over his future with Man United

Former Manchester United striker, Dimitar Berbatov has urged midfielder, Paul Pogba not to leave the club when the January transfer window opens.

Pogba is yet to feature for the Red Devils since September 30, because of a foot injury.

The France international was expected back in action this week, but a mystery illness has further delayed his comeback.

The 26-year-old is still determined to force his way out of Old Trafford and is keen to leave as early as January amid interest from Real Madrid.

But Berbatov is now saying that he can't wait to see Pogba back on the pitch in action for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men.

Speaking ahead of Man United's Premier League clash with Watford on Sunday, Berbatov told BetFair: "Pogba's injury and illness means it is a frustrating time at the moment for everyone, especially the player.

"He will want to be out there playing and training with the boys and he is one of their best players.

"He is a player that can really find that final pass when the game isn't quite going too well and that's why I would like to see Pogba back on the pitch as soon as possible because it has been a while now. He will need to find his rhythm in the first couple of games but I'm sure he will be back to his best.

"For me, I would like to see Pogba stay at United, he can give so much more to the team, many others may not agree but he is a player who is always one or two steps ahead, he has that pass and has an incredible shot on him, so I hope he comes back stronger."

Berbatov added: "Normally when the transfer window comes round there is talk about positions and areas where teams need to strengthen.

"But honestly at the moment I think of anywhere that they need to strengthen. They have a good defence, in midfield McTominay is getting up the ranks and finding his place in the team, Pogba will be back soon, Fred is getting better and better with every game and upfront the three of Martial, Rashford and James are unbelievable.

"I don't think they should go for anyone in January."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...