Wilder replies Joshua calling for heavyweight unification fight in 2020

Wilder replies Joshua calling for heavyweight unification fight in 2020

Deontay Wilder has responded to Anthony Joshua's call for a unification bout, saying that the fight has to happen.

The Bronze Bomber defeated Luis Ortiz in his rematch while Joshua reclaimed his four belts following his unanimous point victory over Andy Ruiz Jr.

And the IBO, IBF, WBA and WBO champion took to social media to call out the WBC title holder for a mega showdown in 2020.

"Let's get Undisputed trending! That's what I want & that's what the people want.. I want it bad! I came to take over & not take part," Joshua wrote on Twitter.

Now Wilder has in turn expressed his desire to face the unified champion for all the marbles.

"It definitely has to happen," the undefeated American said. "I've been trying to make that happen for a long time and we'll see what happens.

"I know he's probably getting a hell of a lot of people you know, telling him to fight, fight, fight, because we have been down this road once before.

"So as boxing fans, we know how it goes now. Especially the boxing fans, you can't be fooled at this point in time, from the first time.

"So, the second time we should put more pressure, more force that the fans want to see one champion, one face, one name in the heavyweight division.

"I think it will happen. It definitely can happen," Wilder added. "When you say it 'will', you got to consider the time frame, it will happen, but when will it happen?

"And that's the point that I'm at, when will it happen? Because as a champion with the most prestigious, well-known belt in all of boxing, I'm willing and able to put it up at any given time.

Joshua, on the other hand, is slated to defend his titles against either Kubrat Pulev or Oleksandr Usyk in a mandatory defence.

Joshua will defend his titles against Kubrat Pulev or Oleksandr Usyk shortly after Wilder's rematch with Tyson Fury in February.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...