EPL: What Solskjaer said about De Gea, Greewood after Man Utd's draw with Everton

EPL: What Solskjaer said about De Gea, Greewood after Man Utd's draw with Everton

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has refused to blame his goalkeeper, David De Gea, following his side's 1-1 draw with Everton in the Premier League on Sunday.

He also heaped praises on youngster, Mason Greewood following his brilliant display against the Toffees.

Victor Lindelof's own goal and Mason Greewood's strike gave both teams a point each at Old Trafford.

"We came back after the disappointment at half-time," Solskjaer told Sky Sports. "You shouldn't concede goals like this at set plays. But it's a foul.

"There's no point me complaining but his arms are over David's shoulders as he was going to punch it."

He added: "Mason Greenwood is different class in and around the box.

"You're not surprised when he scores goals. It's fitting that it should be an academy player that scores in the 4,000th match [in a row in which Utd have fielded an academy product] and it makes it hard for me to leave him out.

"We've always had the DNA, with added players from other top clubs, and that will always be the philosophy here.

"We're disappointed today but we have a quarter-final in the Carabao Cup to come on Wednesday and I have a big strong squad to choose from."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...