EPL: Rio Ferdinand names better striker between Rashford, Tammy Abraham

EPL: Rio Ferdinand names better striker between Rashford, Tammy Abraham

Former England defender, Rio Ferdinand, has said Tammy Abraham's position currently gives him an edge over Marcus Rashford.

The strikers are both in form at Chelsea and Manchester United respectively this season.

Abraham netted his 13th goal of the season in all competitions, as Chelsea beat Lille 2-1 at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday.

Rashford has the same number of strikes so far this term, already matching his best tally for a campaign.

But Ferdinand believes Abraham currently has the edge in the battle of the 22-year-olds.

"He's going to score a tremendous amount of goals because what he does is he wants to be in between the sticks, he wants to be in the centre of the goals to score goals," he told BT Sport.

"He's somebody who's hungry and got a desire to score.

"It's a very good finish, it's clean and clinical. He makes it look easy, it's not an easy finish.

"What I love about Tammy is his first instinct, his first thought is 'get me in there, get me in there to hurt the opposition, get me in there to score goals'.

"It's the positioning, some people will tell [Marcus] Rashford to get in that position and he'll score five, six, seven, eight goals a season more.

"This kid here, that's all he wants to do, that's an element of his game that doesn't need working on. He's scored goals at every level and he's brought it into the first team."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...