EPL: Marco Silva breaks silence over his sacking at Everton

EPL: Marco Silva breaks silence over his sacking at Everton

Sacked Everton boss, Marco Silva, has broken his silence following his dismissal by the club.

The Portuguese was sacked by Everton Thursday night after 18 months in charge of the Toffees following the humiliating 5-2 defeat to Liverpool.

He arrived at Everton in the summer of 2018 but was axed after overseeing a run of nine Premier League defeats in the previous 13 matches.

"It has been a real honour to have managed Everton for the past 18 months and I would like to thank Farhad Moshiri, Bill Kenwright, Denise Barrett-Baxendale, Keith Harris, Marcel Brands and the entire board for giving me the opportunity to be part of this special club," Silva said in a statement.

"Thank you to all of the Evertonian fans who always live and breathe the club and show such great passion.

"A special thank you to all of the players, for their professionalism and the commitment they put into their work every day and to to the club staff who welcomed me to Finch Farm training ground and made me feel at home. All the best. COYB."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...