Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang reacts to Anthony Joshua picking Harry Kane to beat him in fight

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang reacts to Anthony Joshua picking Harry Kane to beat him in fight

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is convinced he'd beat Harry Kane in a fight after Anthony Joshua backed the Tottenham striker in a showdown with the Arsenal goal scorer.

Kane and Aubameyang are the main man at their respective clubs and the Arsenal star is currently leading his rival in a crowded race for the Premier League Golden Boot.

Ahead of his rematch against Andy Ruiz Jr, BBC Sport had Joshua pick winners from football grudge matches and the heavyweight was stumped when the question of Aubameyang vs Kane was put to him.

'It's a difficult one, still...I think I'm going to go with Kane,' AJ said.

Aubameyang was quick to respond to Joshua's prediction, saying: 'I'm disappointed, big man.'

While the question of Aubameyang vs Kane will probably remain unanswered, Joshua has his own fight to contend with this weekend.

Ruiz Jr inflicted the first defeat of Joshua's career and won the WBO, WBA (Super) and IBF titles from the Brit.

Joshua aims to regain those titles on Saturday night in Saudi Arabia and said he expects his rivalry with Ruiz Jr to be decided over three fights.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...