EPL: Norwich goalkeeper reveals secret behind Arsenal's 2-2 draw at Carrow Road

EPL: Norwich goalkeeper reveals secret behind Arsenal's 2-2 draw at Carrow Road

Norwich City goalkeeper, Tim Krul has disclosed that he told Arsenal playmaker, Mesut Ozil that the Gunners got 'lucky' because the referee helped them during their 2-2 draw in the Premier League at Carrow Road on Sunday evening.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored a brace after Teemu Pukki and Todd Cantwell had both put the host in front to ensure the two teams got a point each after the end of the encounter.

Aubameyang's first goal came from the penalty spot after VAR ordered a retake, due to players encroaching as Krul saved the original effort.

The Gabonese international, however, managed to beat Krul second time around, leading to the Norwich goalkeeper apparently clashing with Ozil as Freddie Ljunberg's men celebrated.

"It was a shame to concede a penalty like that," Krul told Sky Sports. "We were so solid the whole game through.

"Listen, for me the job is to get in the striker's head. I feel especially at home I took a bit longer than the referee liked and he rightly booked me.

"I just said to Ozil when he was celebrating that they were lucky because the referee helped them out there."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...