Mourinho makes stunning statement when asked if he would leave Tottenham

Mourinho makes stunning statement when asked if he would leave Tottenham

Jose Mourinho has stated emphatically that he would not trade Tottenham for any club in the world.

The former Man United manager recently arrived at the North London club to take over from Mauricio Pochettino.

Since arriving at the club, Mourinho has recorded two consecutive victories against West Ham in the Premier League and Olympiacos in the Champions League.

Mourinho guided Tottenham to the knockout stage of the Champions League after a 4-2 win against Olympiacos.

He also took the club to 10th on the Premier League log after beating Westham 3-2 away from home.

The win was Tottenham's first Premier League away win in 10 months,

Mourinho said: "I'm so happy here that I couldn't even think about the possibility to go to another place. You can put now in front of me any club in the world, I would not move.

"The facilities in this one are the best I've ever seen and I've been in big clubs. It's not like I arrive here from small clubs and think: 'Wow.'

"I've been in big, big clubs with very good conditions. Chelsea, very good conditions, United the same, Madrid, the same, Inter the same.

"It's not like I've been in bad conditions but here it's fantastic. The stadium is brand new and is the best stadium in the world."

Mourinho also spoke about his love for the Premier League even as he expressed delight over Tottenham's vision for the future.

He said: "You know how much I like the Premier League, that's the first point. You go back to Porto, my first opportunity to leave my country I had lots of options. It was England.

"I was in Real Madrid, probably the dream club for the majority of us. I left Real Madrid to come to the Premier League.

"Now, I stayed in the Premier League which I always say is my natural habitat. So many years I like it a lot. So that is a point."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...