Greatest boxer of all time revealed and it is not boxing Legend Muhammad Ali or Mayweather

Greatest boxer of all time revealed and it is not boxing Legend Muhammad Ali or Mayweather

Deontay Wilder has been controversially named the 'greatest of all time' in boxing history by Khalilah Ali, estranged wife of late boxing legend Muhammad Ali.

Khalilah's emotively out-of-order eulogy of the WBC heavyweight champion trailed his victory over Ortiz at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Wilder put up a fabulous show of a champion, toeing the way of legends with another impressive victory over Cuban boxer Luis Ortiz in Las Vegas on November 23.

Bronze Bomber, his self-given pseudonym, was losing at some point to the 40-year-old Cuban in what was looking like his first career defeat.

But the WBC heavyweight champion threw in a heavy punch into Ortiz's face and sent him down to claim another resounding knockout- 41 KOs of his entire 43 career fights- to retain his belt.

The victory, which confirmed Wilder the "hardest hitter in boxing," was hailed by Muhammad Ali's ex-wife Khalilah who went one step further to label the 34-year-old greatest boxer of all time, SportBible reports.

"I know the greatest when I see it. You are the GOAT (greatest of all time) brother.

Thank you so much," the 69-year-old said to Wilder in a FightHype video.

"You are definitely the king of the ring, you don't have to prove anything, just do your thing "I told him, I said, 'Look at that brother, you're in trouble. I knew it."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...