Nigeria suffer total embarrassing defeat against Portugal at 2019 World Cup

Nigeria suffer total embarrassing defeat against Portugal at 2019 World Cup

Nigeria's Super Sand Eagles on Friday night, November 22, began their campaign at the 2019 World Cup with an embarrassing 10-1 defeat against Portugal.

Audu Adamu's side started the match impressively with the former Warri Wolves and Kwara United star Abu Azeez scoring the first goal for Nigeria.

But the Super Sand Eagles lost concentration after scoring the first goal and they went on to concede fives goals in the second period.

Nigeria came out aggressively in the third period looking for goals, but they were unable to stop high flying Portuguese side who added another five goals.

Super Sand Eagles had opportunities, but weren't clinical enough, while their opponents were the exact opposite.

''We lost concentration and the Portuguese are very good because they took the advantage of the opportunities that came their ways and I want to assure Nigerians that we will work on our mistakes,'' captain Abu Azeez explained.

The Super Eagles Sand Eagles will take on Oman in their next game on Sunday, November 24, before facing Brazil in their final game of the Group.

''I am sure that my colleagues will soar in their next game against Oman and I want to wish them well at the tournament,'' Sand Eagles legend Isiaka Olawale told Legit.ng.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...