4-time African footballer of the year Samuel Eto'o goes back to school (this is why)

4-time African footballer of the year Samuel Eto'o goes back to school (this is why)

Legendary Cameroonian footballer Samuel Eto'o has set his sights on education as he seeks to acquire new skills away from the football pitch.

Eto'o is said to be planning to join Harvard University to study business management and acquire the necessary intellectual skills that would help him in his entrepreneurial life.

According to a report by The Standard, citing an interview of Eto'o with Pan-African Magazine Jeune Afrique, the former striker of Cameroon's Indomitable Lions said he will resume studies in January 2020.

"When you are a footballer, you pay people to take care of you. But when it is up to you to manage them, and you want to develop them, you need to acquire new skills," Eto'o said.

So I will go back to school to learn business management. In January, I will join Harvard University, which has kindly admitted me to specialized training," he added.

The legend has probably understood that being a footballer only requires physical and technical strength, but managing a company or people requires intellectual and moral strength.

"It will not be easy, but it is a great challenge and it will open other doors for me," he said

Eto'o has already set up a betting company (Beto'o) and believes Harvard will help him learn methods of preventing the collapse of his new business.

The 38-year-old announced his retirement from international football in 2014 and his retirement from club football on September 7, 2019. Eto'o, a 4-time winner of African best player award, is still the leading all-time goalscorer in the AFCON with 18 goals

He scored 130 goals for Barcelona, winning La Liga three times and the UEFA Champions League title in 2006 before leaving the club for Inter Milan in 2010 and won the treble under Jose Mourinho.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...