EPL: Tottenham manager, Mourinho sends powerful message to Pochettino

EPL: Tottenham manager, Mourinho sends powerful message to Pochettino

New Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho has sent a powerful message to his predecessor, Mauricio Pochettino after replacing him at Spurs.

Mourinho congratulated Pochettino for the incredible job he did at Tottenham, adding that the Argentine is always welcome at the club.

Recall that Mourinho replaced Mauricio Pochettino on Wednesday after the Argentine was dismissed by Tottenham on Tuesday night following the club's poor form this season.

"I've been smiling for two days. First of all, I do it with a bit of sadness, I have to speak about Mauricio," Mourinho was quoted by Metro UK as telling reporters at his first press conference on Thursday.

"I have to congratulate him on the incredible job he did. I share with you what we shared inside. This club will always be his home, this training ground his training ground. He is always welcome here.

"Tomorrow is another day. He will find happiness soon. He will give everything like he did at this club. He will leave with sadness with the feeling that he did great work. It is what everyone at the club felt."

Mourinho will now hope to lead Tottenham to victory when they take on West Ham United in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon at the London Stadium.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...