Former super eagles star explains how injury stopped his career in football

Former super eagles star explains how injury stopped his career in football

Former Nigerian youth international Sani Emmanuel has explained how injury forced him to quit the game of football at the time when he should be playing active soccer.

Sani Emmanuel was among the players who played for Nigeria at the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup which was hosted by the west African nation.

Nigeria reached the final of the championship before losing 1-0 against Switzerland, and Sani Emmanuel was among the players who helped Nigeria that year.

Now 26, Sani Emmanuel scored five goals for the Golden Eaglets in the championship, and four years after playing for Nigeria, he quit the round leather game.

The former Beitar Jerusalem forward has now explained the circumstances which forced him to quit football at the time when Chelsea wanted to sign him.

"I had problems with my feet, even during the tournament in 2009. If you remember, I often played in the second half because the pain was unbearable.

"After the World Cup, I could not play at all because I had pulled too much on the hamstring playing with pain. Then I had to stop my career. Even today, it still hurts on the front of the foot.

"I tried to contact a lot of Nigerian international players, but I never got an answer and it was very difficult to cash,'' Sani Emmanuel told Leero Sports News.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...